“Sow an act, and you reap a habit.
Charles Reade (1814-1884)
Sow a habit, and you reap a character.”
Golden Mailer has found these nine habits to be very useful in developing our business model they have proven very beneficial in achieving a sustaining our place in a very competitive market. As a brief review here are the 9 habits have found to be the most useful in building our business:
- Know Your Market & What Your Customer Wants
- Develop a Mission Statement and Business Plan
- Create a Repeatable, Scalable Business Organization
- Develop a Culture of Discipline
- Be Professional
- Be Consistent & Follow Through
- Stay on Top of Profits & Cash Flow
- Keep Your Employees Involved
- Adapt to Changes
Owning a business is a serious undertaking and requires a certain degree of attention to conducting your affairs in a professional manner. By this standard, a business owner should project a level of quality in every thing that positively reflects back on you, your company, and your employees. This means ethical business practices, attention to details in yours and your employees’ dress, conduct, timeliness, and service.
A professional attitude will convey a certain status as well as offer an image of character and standing within your field of business. Your business is offering an important service or product to your community; how you conduct your business will speak volumes about you and your company. Finally, how you and your employees appear before customers can be the difference between a sale and a missed opportunity. Although, this is a short statement on the subject, it is, nonetheless, an important habit to have.
Attitude plays a key role in how we conduct our lives as well as in how we run our business. The challenges before you will be greatly enhanced if you face them in a professional manner. This is one habit that will reward you in a number of ways.
Speaking of being professional
- What modifications to your business operation have you adopted that reflect a professional attitude?
- How often have customers commented about your company’s professionalism?